Project: “Development of specialised education of doctors, in the fields essential from the point of view of epidemiological and demographic needs of the country, with the use of endoscopic simulation techniques”
implemented within measure 4.3 of the Operational Programme Knowledge Education Development
Number of priority axis: IV. Social innovations and transnational cooperation
(Agreement no: UDA-POWR.04.03.00-00-0291/16-00)
A. The aim of the project is to enhance the quality and safety of postgraduate training programs of physicians by introduction of new simulation based on programs in the filed of endoscopy (bronchoscopy, gastroscopy, colonoscopy, etc.) and laparoscopic based surgical procedures (minimal invasive surgery) from January 2017 till September 2021.
The crucial part of the Project will be tested and after the process of evaluation, implemented as a new training programs.
These programs will be produced with the help of transnational partners.
The contribution of the transnational partners is indispensable due to the fact that in Poland we currently do not have a center devoted to these advanced simulation techniques.
B. The scope of the cooperation between CMKP and transnational partners
1.Development of the new postgraduate education model
In the time frame period (01-2017 – 09.2018) the transnational partner will allow:
a. Study visits of the Polish team in their simulations labs which will develop educational rational of the project. The travel expenses on the side of the CMKP. Maximal duration – 5 days.
b. Study visits of groups of physicians specializing in their field of endoscopy (bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, laparoscopy – minimal invasive surgery). This team will in each of the developing field produce new solutions in the practical aspects of educational process. The travel expenses on the side of the CMKP. Maximal duration – 4 days
c. Study visits of instructors specializing in simulation of endoscopical techniques. The travel expenses on the side of the CMKP. Maximal duration – 5 days. Maximal number of visiting instructors – 16.
During these visits the transnational partner will allow a the visiting personal passive contribution in their courses.
2. Testing of the developed postgraduate training programs will be scheduled during the period of 10.2018 – 03.2020. The assessment of the developed programs will be carried out by way of videoconferences, teleconferences, assessment of programs developed during the testing period.
3. Analysis of the effects of the tested programs and development of the final recommendations with the help of the transnational partners. This is scheduled for the period of 04.2020 – 03.2021. This development of this final document will be will be carried out by way of videoconferences, teleconferences, assessment of programs developed during the testing period.
4. Implementing the new solution developed with the support of the transnational Partner. In the framework of this measure, within the period from 04. 2021 to 06. 2021, the Partner will designate its representatives and will enable them to participate in the consultations connected with developing the recommendation that will ensure the durability of the solution and the instruction describing the functioning of the developed solution, by means of, for instance: videoconferences, remote consultations, etc.;
C. Target groups of this program – physicians specializing in the preselected filed of medicine.
a. During the development phase of the new postgraduate training programs – 16 instructors of simulations and endoscopic techniques
b. During the testing phase – 142 physicians specializing in the filed of clinical oncology, oncological surgery, geriatry, orthopedics and traumatology, rheumatology, family medicine.
c. During implementation phase the target groups will consist of 76 future instructors specializing in minimal invasive simulation techniques or endoscopy from different centers in Poland. These instructors will implement the developed programs in their academic centers.
D. The planed results of the transnational partnership:
a. The number of institutions implementing the developed program – index =1
b. The number of physicians who, during their training period, will develop their practical skills in their relevant fields; index = 142
c. The number of instructors trained with the help of the transnational partnership program: minimum index = 14
d. The number of future instructors trained to develop the local training facilities: index = 76
E. The planed developed products of the transnational partnership:
a. The number of institutions that undertook the cooperation in the partnership program – index = 1
b. The number of developed instructions and recommendations for the institution that undertook the cooperation in the partnership program – index = 1
c. The number of developed and established multidisciplinary simulation centers resulting from the partnership program – index=1
d. The number of updated educational programs, index = 1
F. The role of the transnational partners
- Transfer and adaptation of already developed education programs. This knowledge will allow to implement solutions already working in the transnational partners’ sites
- Implementation of the educational standards developed at the transnational partners’ sites
- Introduction of various scenarios developed at the sites of the transnational partners
- Development of the optimal educational practices, assessment of the levels of education of the Polish instructors
- Consultation of the developing educational programs developed for the Polish site
- Skill sharing between partners in the field of minimal invasive surgery and endoscopy
G. Project Partners anticipate that, in the framework of the commenced cooperation, they will obtain at least the following intangible benefits:
from the side of CMKP:
- acquiring knowledge concerning the developed technical standards and the equipment of workshops / medical simulation laboratories;
- acquiring knowledge concerning the methodology and techniques of teaching specialized practical skills to doctors in the field of laparoscopy;
- getting familiar with the typical training materials and teaching techniques;
- validation of the teaching methods used so far, with the use of simulation technique
from the side of the Partners:
- the possibility of performing verification of the constructed curricula on the basis of a controlled random sample;
- correcting curricula, taking into account the mechanisms developed during a test training in Poland;
- developing new curricula, among others, in the area of respiratory tract endoscopy, etc.